Medicare plans are federal health insurance program originally designed for individuals aged over 65 years, specific younger disabled people, and people with the End-Stage Renal Disease. There are numerous types of Medicare Plans and they all offer several benefits. For Instance, Medicare Advantage Plans refer to a form of Medicare health plan that is offered by private companies that contract with the federal health insurance program (Medicare) to provide people with all provisions of Part A and B benefits. Medicare Advantage Plans, at times called “MA Plans” or “Part C” Plans, include Preferred Provider Organizations, Health Maintenance Organizations, Private Fee-for-Service Plans, Medicare Medical Savings Account Plans, and Special Needs Plans. People who are enrolled in Medicare Advantage Plans are covered for most Medicare services under the plan and are not paid for in the original Medicare (e.g. cover for prescription drugs Washington Medicare Plans).
Enjoy All the Provisional Benefits of the Program
The first and most obvious reason why you should choose these types of Medicare Plans is that you get to benefit from all the provisions under the federal health insurance plans. If you choose the program, you still have your Medicare Plan. Medical Advantage Plans will cover all the services covered by original Medicare except hospice care since original Medicare already covers hospice care regardless of whether you are already enrolled in a Medicare Advantage Plan. This means that you will get your Part A for Hospital Insurance, as well as your Part B for Medical Insurance cover from the Medicare Advantage Plan rather than from your original Medicare. Furthermore, you will still have Medicare protections or rights, and even people who have pre-existing medical conditions are eligible to join Medical Advantage Plans, except for those with End-Stage Renal Disease.
You Can Choose from Different Forms of Medicare Advantage Plans
One of the strongest reasons why you should choose Medicare Advantage Plans is that you have wide range of Medicare plans to choose from. The main types include:
- Preferred Provider Organization Plans-(PPO) Plans– These types of programs fall under Part C of the Medicare Advantage Plan. They are offered by private insurance companies. Under the PPO plans, you pay less if you go to health care providers that are under the plan’s network and more if you use health care providers that are outside the network.
- Health Maintenance Organization Plans (HMO): In these Medicare Plans, you only get to go to healthcare providers that are listed under the plan except in the case of an emergency. Your primary care provider might be required to provide you with a referral.
- Private Fee-for-Service Plans (PFFS): this is also a type of Part C plan that is offered by private insurance companies. The plan is different because it determines the amount of money you will pay health care providers, as well as how much you will pay whenever you seek health care services.
- Special Needs Plans (SNPs)-SNPs are different from HMO and PPO Plans in the sense that they restrict membership to individuals with certain medical conditions or diseases. The restrictions and rights are tailored to their benefits, drug formularies, and provider choices to best cater for the special needs of the groups they are meant to serve.
Besides these four, there are two Medicare Advantage Plans that are less common. These include:
- Medical Savings Account Plans (MSA)-these plans combine a bank account with a high-deductible health plan. Medicare will deposit money that is less than the deductible amount into the user’s account. The money can be used to pay for healthcare needs in the course of one year.
- HMO Point of Service Plans- these plans may permit you to get certain health care services from out-of-network providers for a higher cost.
Medicare Advantage Plans are available in all the States in the U.S., and if you live in the State of Washington, you can choose from a variety of unique Medicare Advantage Plans. One of the unique Washington Medicare Plans is the Washington Medicare Advantage-Plus Prescription Drugs Plans. This plan is normally referred to as Part D. The Part D element helps to cover for prescription drugs. However, not all the plans will be available to all residents across the state and certain plans will only cover specific Zip Codes.